Monday, March 21, 2011

Some beach, somewhere...

I know I've pretty much dropped off the face of the earth the last month or so. The winter hit us sort of hard with sickness this year. I was basically in survival mode for a little bit there. The low point was a few weeks ago. Halle got RSV and one night was coughing/choking so much she literally stopped breathing twice...Cory had to do the heimlich and I had to rush her into the ER at 3am. It was so scary. Of course Luke got it and I got it, so it was a long haul. But we all slowly got better. Like I said on my family blog a couple days ago, the only thing I've had the energy to do in my spare time is watch American Idol and the Bachelor.

But now that we're over that nasty sickness I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. My house isn't such a disaster, we've been getting out, things are looking up. In my spare time I've had a million things to get done...spring cleaning, catching up on journals (haven't even written about Christmas yet), some articles I have to write for work, fold the never ending landry I have piling up... we started living out of baskets when the kids were sick and I haven't quite gotten back on track with that ...kind of sad!

In spite of all the things I have to do, I keep finding myself spending (or should I say wasting?) my time on looking into tropical getaways. Just look at this. Doesn't it look AMAZING?

I don't know what got me into this, but i started looking a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to stop. Have you ever noticed how looking into vacations can become a bit addicting? It's actually kind of become a joke around here. I will get my laptop out and Cory will say..."looking at vacations again?" Yes siree. Hawaii, Mexico, I even started looking at Hilton Head the other day. Flights, hotel availability...everything. And why? I'm not quite sure. We're not even planning a vacation like this anytime soon. We actually do have enough Marriott points to do five nights at a nice place, but flights alone or way pricey and we have a yard to put in this spring so I don't think I can count on this in the near future! But it's still fun to dream, right? Maybe looking at these pictures is just helping me get through this last bit of winter.

The other day as I was rambling onto Cory about one of the places he just kind of said in passing how if we did end up going somewhere Halle would still be able to fly free. I think I pretty much interupted him midsentace before he could go any further...excuse me? Kids on this relaxing getaway? I don't think so! I mean, I love them to no end, but chasing kids around on the beach doesn't quite fit into my vision here. Just laying out in the warm sun, reading a good book, sleeping in, ahhh. I can't wait. Even if it isn't for five or even ten years, I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh. So sorry about the RSV - that stuff is so nasty. My little sister got that when she was a baby and it gave her asthma. I'm glad everyone is better now.
    The beach is also a very frequent daydream of mine. The quiet, warm ocean and a stack of books - and definitely no kids. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh linds, i'm so sorry about all the sickness! That is seriously the worst! i'm glad halle is okay. oh, i daydream about going to a beach every single day in the winter!!!! can't wait to see you in april!! love ya!
    tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I want to be on that beach right this second!!!

    ReplyDelete